Tuesday 20 April 2010

Michael's Evaluation Of Journalism

For my journalism that I conjured up for my double page spread, I wanted to represent my artists seem confident and on a level where they could interact with the youth by using informal and colloquial language.

To start the journalism off, I wanted the duo to represent them as being “normal” people and that their fame hasn’t affected their ego. To accomplish this, I wrote about ‘Rex’ and how scared he was the first time he was on stage. Doing this helps the duo interact more with the readers so they can get an idea of their personality.
I also made sure I included the duo’s forenames to create a relaxed tension and a personal relationship with the audience which would create a positive vibe throughout the article.

I used a lot of musical lexis to show how popular the duo is and how incredible their talent is to achieve nominations for their music. I also wanted the duo to come across as friendly and confident, which is why I come up with the idea that they would be going on a lot of tours and concerts. Achieving this increases the respect they would receive from the audience.

I also wanted to create a story that would inspire the target audience. To do this I had to make sure that the music Tabula Rasa performed wouldn’t be the only talent they have. Instead I wanted to portray them as people to be inspired by the public by helping the youth stay of the streets to keep a safer society and spreading their talent by teaching them how to play other musical instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment