Wednesday 21 April 2010

Jamie's Evaluation of Journalism

The review on my double page spread was written in a certain way to make the artist seem very confident and laid back. I kept the most of the language informal to it does not sound too rude, and this way when the audience is reading the review, it will feel more personal to the target audience which will be positive.

At the beginning of the review it starts off with a positive point as it explains how he made it into the top 40 with “no help from agencies”, this shows that it was a rough journey trying to get where he is now. To make the artist in the review link to the target audience I have made his life background to something I believe the audience’s life is like. So I could use the informal language to make the artist seem friendly, I wrote positive points about him.

The musical lexis of this review helped show that the artist as being a professional singer and song-writer who was only interested in the music by using lots of musical terms.

Talking positively about the artist and saying how successful he was before all this fame, shows that all his hard work has paid off and gives a positive view on the artist as it suggests he is not just in the music business for the fame. This also provides inspiration for the aspirers as he was one of the target audience and now after working hard, he has became someone in the magazine.

The language makes the audience feel closer to the artist as the review makes it seem like the artist is talking to the audience individually.

I found these conventions when I was researching different music magazines in my radial analysis, I noticed that in artist interviews and reviews the journalism is mostly informal to make it seem the artist is talking personally to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment