Tuesday 20 April 2010

Michael's Evaluation Double Page Spread



I dressed the artists in specific clothes that represent the genre of music they create. I used a checked shirt to create a feel of the Indie Rock genre that my magazine is portraying. The second artist, located at the left of the page is partly cut off. This along with him wearing a coat over a jumper connotes that he still isn’t confident after the duo’s past.
For the background, I used an open field with houses located at the far back for the perfect scenery that I had planned. I wanted to represent the band of having a rough past which is why I made sure there were houses at the back, and I wanted to connote that the band have a lot of free space to roam free; the use of the field.
When choosing the size of the photograph, I made sure that it would dominate the image and along side the effect the camera had when the photo was taken, I achieved that as the background has a blurred effect. The space this created was perfect for putting in some text.

For this page to appeal to the target audience I made sure that the pull quote I used; “we’re determined to rise to the top again” would be an inspiration for the segmentation of the target audience. To help this stand out I put a drop shadow on it to show that it’s an important piece of copy on the page.
To make sure the text would appeal to the audience and be relevant to their lives. I made sure that it would have the gratification of being entertaining as well as having a solution of clarity for their confused inadequacy, as they can relate to the article and take advice on what they can do to help in their situation.

My double page spread follows a lot of conventions of a music magazine. The house styles of all 3 double pages have been kept the same. For example, I used the same colours, fonts and effects from both the contents and front page. The use of the “New to Entity” graphic helps inform and educate the audience as well as being an exciting article to look forward too. I used a heading above the article as I found it was a common thing to do and was well presented. To find a decent idea for the double page, I looked in Q magazine, Kerrang and Uncut. I used ideas from both magazines to conjure up a final template on which the rest of the group used. I also found that within the Uncut magazine, the text was based upon a graphic that was translucent. I liked this effect as it doesn’t ruin the image but also makes the copy easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment