Thursday 22 April 2010

Frankie's Evaluation Of Journalism

The interview I conducted for my journalism on the double spread page of my magazine was done in a way which made the artist seem very down to earth and laid back. I didn't want them to sound rude so by making their language informal it provided an artist that would gain a positive response from our target audience.

To begin the interview I made the point that the artist had already collaborated with a well known act which immediately creates a positive image for the artist being questioned and targets our audience and the the type of music they listen too.
To include the language which would make my act seem more friendly to the readers I included speech which would lead to a playful response and laughter making him seem laid-back with the interviewing experience.

The use of musical lexis in my interview helped make the artist come across as a real song writer who was interested in the music not just the fame that came with it.

Talking about the positive feedback that the artist has received from fans when he wasn't as big as he now is shows the readers that he has talent and has worked hard to get where he is today, providing inspiration to the aspirers who will read the magazine and show that there support for his music has been recognised by him and that he appreciates it.

The whole interview is made fairly informal so that the audience feels closer to the artist as a person and see him as a friendly and outgoing individual with a fun personality. I found these conventions came up in the magazines I looked at previously when they talked about upcoming artists or contained interviews with acts to represent them in a certain way to gain approval from the target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment